There’s nothing better than the smell of fresh gingerbread wafting through your home. Better yet- no added sugar gingerbread loaf! Imagine a soft, fluffy, aromatic piece of bread that’s perfect toasted with a little butter. This is what Christmas tastes like.
Want to make some at home? See the easy recipe below…
- 1/2 Noshu 99% Sugar-free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 eggs (or egg replacer, see Vegan Cake Mix for reference)
- 1/4 cup manuka honey or molasses (or you can omit entirely if you wish)
- 1/2 cup water
*We recommend adding the spices to taste in case you don’t like strong cinnamon or ginger flavours. This recipe is quite flavourful so feel free to tone it down as needed.
- Preheat oven to 160*C
- Mix eggs, honey, and water with beaters until frothy and light yellow
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients with a spoon
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with beaters until smooth
- Pour into 1 loaf tin, or into 6 tiny loaf tins
- Bake at 160*C for 13 minutes until springy to the touch and the tester comes out clean
- Let cool
- Serve as is, or toast and spread with butter.