Serves: 16 brownie slices
- 1 pack Noshu 99% Sugar Free Fudgy Brownie Mix
- 1 extra large (59g) egg
- 5 tbsp water
- 100ml/90g oil of choice (sunflower or coconut oil) or 110g /5½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted.
- 60g chocolate or plain vegan protein powder (we used Happy Way)
- 30g walnuts or nuts of choice
- 1 x 20cm square brownie pan
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 160°C fan forced.
- Grease brownie pan with oil or butter, and line the base with baking paper.
- Add contents of brownie mix sachet to a mixing bowl and combine with the protein powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add egg, water and oil to the dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix with hand whisk or spatula until the brownie batter is smooth and glossy. Note: using whey protein is not recommended as it may adversely affect brownie texture.
- Pour batter into prepared tin, decorate with walnuts / nuts of choice and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool in the pan slightly before slicing into 3×3 portions (9 brownies)
- Serve room temperature, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Nutritional information per serve (1 brownie, when prepared with sunflower oil and Happy Way Pea Protein powder: 104 calories, 5.4g protein, 4.8g carbs, 6.1g fat.
Click here for a vegan-adaptable recipe for the brownies.